Before going to conduct an effective research in order to collect the data, you should try to get an idea that whether it is necessary for you to collect the data from the primary source documents, secondary source documents or tertiary source documents. You can get an idea about the requirements of the source documents by taking a review of the dissertation topic and prompt that is provided by your supervisor. If the dissertation topic relates to the comparative studies or studies of the representatives, then it is necessary for you to conduct an effective research by using the primary source documents only. Now, the problem with the students is that they don’t know how to find the primary source documents. Here, we will provide some important tips that are helpful for the students to find the primary resource documents in order to collect the data for their dissertations.
Tips to extract the information about the primary source documents
A direct method to collect the data related to a specific topic or event is known as the primary source document. Mostly, the primary source documents include the historical and legal documents. The most important tips to find out the primary source documents are given below;
- If you are going to collect the data by using the primary source documents, then you should try to choose some best ways to take notes.
- There are some students who are not able to differentiate between the primary, secondary and tertiary source documents. Therefore, in the second, you should try to get enough knowledge about primary, secondary, and tertiary source documents and try to differentiate between the primary, secondary and tertiary source documents.
- Thirdly, you should try to make a note that provides enough information about each resource and the information in it.
- Fourthly, you should try to make a list of all the primary resources that contain information regarding your dissertation topic.
- At last, you should take a review of this list and try to keep only that resources that are well-known. There is no need to keep an ordinary resource on this list.
Tips to acquire the primary source documents
After extracting information about the primary source documents, the next step is to acquire the primary source documents. The most important tips to acquire the primary source documents are given below;
- The best resources to acquire the primary resource documents is to visit the different websites, organizational documents, and different communities on the internet.
- Another important and the best way to acquire the primary resource documents is to visit the university libraries. You can also visit the online databases in this regard.
- You should try to compile a list of all the resources that you have not found in these universities and databases and try to get help from the librarians and other expert persons in this regard.
These are the most important tips to find out the best primary resource documents for your dissertation. Anyhow, if you are not able to find out the best primary resource documents for your dissertation, then you can get help from the dissertation writing services.