Facebook is a great platform for social interaction when you can’t actually meet up in person. Social media has become an indispensable aspect of our life because we usually obtain all the information about our friends, family, and other significant people through the platform. Yet, it also means that stalkers can employ it as a tool. We’ve all experienced cases when, among other things, stalkers often scan your page or unauthorised users download your profile photos to make false accounts.
Thus, the Facebook just launched a new security tool called Facebook Profile Lock in an effort to stop this. Users are given more control over their profiles due to the tool. For individuals who want to entirely lock their profile from strangers or stalkers, the option is really helpful.
How does a Facebook profile work?
Profile lock is a new security feature that Facebook has launched. Users can use this feature to only allow those who are friends of their friends to view their profile. When a user locks his or her profile, anyone who is not on the friend list cannot view the profile. Also, they won’t be able to download cover and profile photos. According to the company, users are unable to view posts and photographs as well.
They are also unable to access any Stories that a user has posted to his profile. Also, the Lock Profile option converts previously shared posts from being Public to Friends. Also activated are the timeline review and tag review.
How to lock profile on Facebook on iPhone or Android?
You can easily lock your Facebook profile from stalkers using the Facebook apps for Android and iOS. An example of how to lock a Facebook profile is provided below:
- Open Facebook and select “Your Profile”
- Then, click the three-dot menu to the right of the “Add to Story” area.
- The “Lock Profile” option can be found here. You will be brought to the Lock Profile page by tapping on it.
- ‘Lock Your Profile’ button must be tapped to confirm.
- Your Facebook profile is now secured after this. By using the same procedures outlined above, you can also opt to unlock it.
How to lock Facebook profile on Website?
By accessing Facebook from your desktop browser, you can also lock your profile. All you have to do is stick to these instructions:
- Log into your account by typing facebook.com into your browser.
- To access your profile, click on it.
- The three-dot menu can be found there. Tap it to access the Lock Profile menu.
- A pop-up message demonstrating how to secure your profile will appear, along with a lock icon at the bottom. To lock your profile, click on it.
How Can I Unlock my Facebook Profile?
You can unlock your profile whenever you want on Facebook as well. All you have to do is proceed as follows:
Visit Facebook.com on a desktop computer or the Facebook app for mobile devices.
Click the three-dot menu under the Your Profile section.
You can choose Unlock Profile there. You will receive a pop-up notice if you click on it. Just select Unlock Profile.